Today, we learned that restaurants in southern Maine will not be able to re-open as originally scheduled because of ongoing concerns about the Cov-19 epidemic.
The social media reaction to this news has been swift from both sides of the political aisle, Republicans blame Janet Mills and Democrats blame President Trump.
There are posts calling for an armed revolution to overthrown Maine Governor Janet Mills. “. . .Open up anyways and bring your guns!!! ,” wrote one poster on Facebook.
In the Shakespearean play Hamlet, the young prince contemplates suicide, best referenced within this famous soliloquy: To Be or Not to Be.
- Let the restaurant owners decide if they want to open or not.
- Let customers decide on whether they want to frequent these establishments
- Let the employees decide whether they want to work.
- For people who have a weakened immune system (like my wife) stay at home.
- For people who do not want go to public places, do not go there. You can order groceries and food online.